Police have ordered that the licence of a shop in Breightmet is reviewed by the council due to an “incident of serious crime”. The action has been taken against Royle News on Bury Road. The grounds given for the application for the review were “the protection of children from harm”. A full hearing by the council will take place at a future date, which is yet to be confirmed. Interested persons were told to make representations before Christmas. The notice clarified that it is a criminal offence to make a false statement in connection with this application and he maximum penalty for doing so is £5,000. Two other premises in Bolton have been subject to the same action by the police due to fears of criminality. Shah’s takeaway, located on Bradshawgate in the town centre, went to a review last October. Police said there were “unacceptable levels of violence” associated with the premises and sought to review the hours during which it could operate. However the committee at the council opted to allow it to remain open until 6am. The takeaway was told two security staff would be needed from 1am until closing time on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. The local authority ordered the taxi rank nearby to be moved further up the street to avoid congregating near the outlet. Police said they had been called to 18 incidents at the takeaway over a six month period but the owners said they were not responsible for the violence as people came there having been drinking elsewhere. A review is also due to take place regarding the licence of Luxe Lounge, also located on the Bradshawgate. The move came after reports that a 14-year-old was entering the club on a regular basis and two 17-year-olds were alleged to have been found inside. Owner Macauley Stephens said he had changed door staff and would ensure this would not happen again.
Published on : 2023-01-03 05:00:00
Article from : See Article